We will pay the insured person a lump sum payment up to RMB 600,000 in the event of death, burns & disablement as a result of an accident in the public transport vehicles arranged by China Southern Airlines.
In case that the public transport vehicle expected to be taken by the insured person is delayed due to reasons such as inclement weather, natural disaster, mechanical failure, strike, hijack, overbooking or air traffic control, the insured will receive RMB 300 for every 4 hours delay, with a maximum indemnity of RMB 900.
If the insured person's baggage is delayed, RMB 500 will be paid for every 8 hours delay, with a maximum indemnity of RMB 1,500.
The insured person will receive an indemnity of RMB 600 in case of trip disruption due to the reasons stipulated in the Travel Insurance Provisions.
If the insured person's personal effects are stolen or robbed, or lost or damaged due to the liability of a third party during the term, he/she will receive an indemnity up to RMB 1,000.
If the airplane taken by the insured person is hijacked, he/she will receive an indemnity of RMB 1,000.
Kindly Reminder: Specific contents are subject to the Provisions of China Southern Airlines E-Travel Insurance Underwritten by Chartis China (PDF version/Word version) or the Provisions of China Southern Airlines E-Travel Insurance Underwritten by Ping An Insurance (Group) Company Of China., Ltd (Ping An Insurance) (PDF version/Word version).
1. The term under the insurance contract starts when the insured person has passed the security check for taking the one-way flight (or the alternative flight arranged by the carrier) undertaken by the insurance policy (or the E-ticket itinerary indicating the premium amount); and ends when the insured person arrives at the isolation zone after reaching the destination airport by taking the above mentioned flight.
2. Public transport vehicles undertaken by the insurance refers to the fixed wing aircraft operated by the airlines which is agreed between the policyholder and the insurance company, and airport shuttle bus and other buses arranged by the airlines which is agreed between the policyholder and the insurance company.
3. This insurance will not cover any loss, injury, damage or legal liabilities arising directly or indirectly from travel in, to or through Afghanistan, Myanmar, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Sudan or Syria.
4. Insured persons must be aged from 14 days to 90 years old. For any insued person aged from 71 to 90 years old, half Maximum Limit under Accidental Death, Burns , Disablement benefit applies and the premium remains unchanged.
5. For any proposed minor who is currently insured under any Death Benefit, if the insurance amount (including all insurance policies purchased from all commercial insurance companies) is greater than the maximum limit (RMB 100,000) stipulated by China Insurance Regulatory Commission (CIRS), we shall be informed of such status, otherwise the insurance company may not be liable for the portion exceeding the limit.
6. This insurance will not cover any terrorist or member of a terrorist organization, narcotics trafficker, or illegal purveyor of nuclear, biological or chemical weapons defined by any country or international organization.
7. This insurance will not cover any delay caused by adjustment of quarterly plan of the flights.
8. For the same period of coverage, each insured person can only have one insurance policy, and multiple insurance applications will be invalid.