The Shenyang Imperial Palace is located in the Shenhe district of Shenyang city and the center of the old city of the Ming and Qing Dynasties. The Shenyang (Shengjing) Imperial Palace before the Later Jin Dynasty and the Mukden Palace after the Qing Dynasty moved to Beijing were first established in 1625 and completed in 1636. It had also undergone a large-scale reconstruction and upgrading during QianLong period covering an area of about 60,000 square meters. After 1926, its architectural complex was turned into museums (the present Shenyang Imperial Palace Museum) in succession. In 1961, it was identified as one of the first batch of key national cultural relics units under protection by the State Council of the People's Republic of China, and in July, 2004, it was listed in the "Beijing and Shenyang Imperial Palaces of Ming and Qing Dynasties" project of the "world heritage list".
The Tawan Stupa was established in 1044 (Liao Chung-Shi thirteenth year) and was reconstructed in the sixth year of Emperor Chongde of Qing Dynasty. As it stores 1,548 "sarira", it is also known as the Tawan Stupa. The Tawan Stupa, which is located at No.15, Lane 45, Tawan Street, Huanggu district, the northwest of Shenyang, is magnificent with a long history, and its view has never diminished a bit since ancient times.